By Alaina Hinkle
Honest Grub, Honest Foodie
Real Food. Real Ingredients. Real Good.
1 ½ cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
3 BuckWHAT Peanut Butter noshes cookies
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cocoa powder
½ cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
5 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened unsalted creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz dairy free cream cheese
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp unsweetened unsalted creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut butter melted or regular butter not melted
1.In a medium sized bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder, coconut sugar & set aside.
2.With a high power food processor break apart 3 BuckWHAT Peanut Butter cookies & process until it becomes a VERY fine mixture, almost like flour & add that into the dry ingredients bowl
- In a microwave safe medium sized bowl add the coconut oil & heat in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted. Then let it cool for a minute or two. While that is cooling grease a 12 cup muffin tin ( I usually use coconut oil to grease). Then add in eggs, maple syrup, peanut butter & vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add in wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & fold until thoroughly combined. Then let batter rest for 10 minutes before putting it into the muffin tin. THIS IS IMPORTANT. It gives almond flour & coconut flour time to rest & allows coconut flour to absorb the liquid needed to rise a bit.
- While it is resting you can start on your icing. In a metal bowl that won’t be hurt by a hand mixer, add in dairy free cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, peanut butter & melted coconut butter. Then hand mix until icing is thoroughly combined—about 2-3 minutes.
- Then evenly divide batter into the 12 cup muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes. Check at 15 minutes with a tooth pick. Take out when the tooth pick is clean!
- Last, let the cupcakes cool completely, then you can add on the icing. Once you have iced all the cupcakes, break apart a few cocoa BuckWHAT noshes & sprinkle on top of each of the cupcakes. THEN DEVOUR! ☺