Blender Buckwheat Pumpkin Bread
I am all about keeping it quick, simple and delicious. And if I can make it in a blender, all the better. This recipe took a few tries to perfect, but we did it. With the help my little sous chefs. And it produces a super yummy gluten free, vegan, no processed sugar quick bread.
The key is to soak the medjool dates in hot water, so they are easier to blend into the dough. I reheated a slice for myself to have with coffee in the morning, and both kids took a slice for their snack at school.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or 1 cup buckwheat groats)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 Medjool Dates (previously soaked in warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350F and oil a standard loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix (or powerful blender). Blend. If needed, add additonal warm water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Srinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.